Transfering transactions from one category to another

Stephen

22 Mar, 2020 01:25 AM

Hi, Is there a way to transfer transactions from one category to another in bulk without having to do one by one?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 22 Mar, 2020 02:08 AM

Yes, select all of the categories you want to move in your register, right-click on the selection, and choose Batch Change -> Category.

You can also use the Find and Replace extension. Either method is valid, it mostly depends on what makes the transactions you want to change easier to select.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Ethan closed this discussion on 22 Mar, 2020 02:08 AM.

3. Stephen Morgenthaler re-opened this discussion on 22 Mar, 2020 02:13 AM

4. 2 Posted by Stephen Morgent... on 22 Mar, 2020 02:13 AM

Ok, great thanks , so what would be the best method if transactions have splits in them? How does Find and Replace work?

Regards

Stephen

5. 3 Posted by mhoggie on 22 Mar, 2020 04:06 AM

just a user,

Just go to the Extension tab, manage extensions and select the FInd and Replace extension. Then it will appear on the Extension tab where you can run it. You select the search info on the left side and then click Find to capture the transactions you want to change, Then change the right side with the Replace info you want click Replace ALL, then if everything looks good to you click Record and Done to make the changes. I haven't changed any split transactions,but I've used that application to completely reorganize my categories as needed. Works well. Often I use that application to just search for stuff because it seems to do a better job than the MD built in search features.

6. 4 Posted by Stephen Morgent... on 22 Mar, 2020 11:41 AM

Great thank you, it works well and solved my problem

Stephen

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 22 Mar, 2020 01:11 PM

That's great to hear! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

8. Ethan closed this discussion on 22 Mar, 2020 01:11 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac