Uncleared Transaction Report?

tgilbert666

01 Apr, 2020 01:16 AM

How can I produce a single report of uncleared transactions across all accounts?

I can confirm that the Transaction Filter report is still failing (at version 2019.4-1897) in the manner described here

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/general-questions/19...

from almost 5 years ago and Ticket #3664 still shows a status of Open, so I'm going to infer that there's little point me testing in a later preview!

That doc tells me how to filter for ONE account, and Find & Replace lets me IDENTIFY the transactions with some scrolling, but how can I produce a report other than by clumsily amalgamating several find and replace screenshots?? I'd like to be able to produce the report in any of the usual formats of Print or Save!!? Couldn't the Find & Replace code be retrofitted to the Transaction Filter rather readily and with minimal testing given that it's working in F&R (re-use being the catchcry here)?

1. 1 Posted by tgilbert666 on 07 Jun, 2020 07:49 AM

Anybody?? Despite the date recorded, this was NOT an April Fools Day Discussion.

Could this please be attached to Ticket #3664??

Any reasonable workaround in the meantime?

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 07 Jun, 2020 01:32 PM

Hi tgilbert666,

Any reasonable workaround in the meantime?

TBH, there is no 'reasonable' workaround. The Transaction Filter report or the Advanced Search menu item should work as expected.

My 'unreasonable' workaround...

Generate the results based on Uncleared transactions using F&R.
    Click the 'Copy' button at the bottom of the F&R window.
    Paste into Excel.
    Clean up the data as desired.
    Print / Save from within Excel.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

3. 3 Posted by tgilbert666 on 08 Jun, 2020 07:42 AM

Thanks Kevin, I do appreciate your effort!

Unfortunately, it's the "clean up the data as desired" that makes this - as you rightfully point out - an unreasonable workaround . I typically work through this exercise on a monthly basis, re-running the report iteratively perhaps 5 or 6 times until I have attended to all uncleared items.

I'm a big advocate for Moneydance and like it immensely. Unfortunately, it's this type of straightforward but ignored functionality bug that caused me to move TO Moneydance from "elsewhere" and - unfortunately - it's exactly this type of obstacle (and the perceived lack-of-attention to it) that would cause me to move again. . . (There's a number of such obstacles - they're accumulating!)

4. 4 Posted by -Kevin N. on 08 Jun, 2020 02:12 PM

Hi tgilbert666,

At the risk of this task becoming even more unreasonable... a simple macro could perform the repetitive cleanup.

Repetition is what macros do. Writing a cleanup macro should be able to be done automatically and it's a once-and-done process.

I do commiserate with your assessment of 'ignored functionality' of some of the more basic aspects of MD. It is troubling but aside from the sunset version of Microsoft Money (which I use in parallel to MD) I've yet to find a decent replacement for MD.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Sean Reilly on 08 Jun, 2020 10:20 PM

Hello,

Yes, this is something that's been left unimproved for a while in Moneydance, but your post was forwarded to me recently and got me thinking. It sounds like a general set of filters in the transactions report would make a big difference with this and I've started adding it. I can't give an ETA on when this will be in, but I'm sure it will be a matter of days or weeks and not months or years.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac