how can I edit memorized transactions?

Braxton Beyer

02 Apr, 2020 01:06 PM

When I go to enter a transaction of say a restaurant I have been to before, MD recognizes that and fills in most of hte info for me. This is great. However, I'd like to change some of the details it fills in. Wher can I do that? Is there a file or list of memorized transactions. somewhere? Where is it stored?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 02 Apr, 2020 03:58 PM

Hello,

There's not a file or setting for this. The autofill is automatically generated based on the other transactions in that register. The only way to change this would be to change the previous transactions in your register where Moneydance is generating this information from.

Another slightly different approach would be to slightly alter how you are entering these transaction descriptions, especially with replacing one of the first few characters of the entry, which would allow you to create new autofill history for these transactions moving forward.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Braxton Beyer on 02 Apr, 2020 05:58 PM

Is it always generated on the fly? Or is it stored anywhere?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 02 Apr, 2020 06:49 PM

Hello,

It is not stored anywhere, just generated from your previous transaction history.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Braxton Beyer on 03 Apr, 2020 01:12 PM

so what does it use for the memo field? the last transaction value? For
    example, I have a transaction that I use all the time that is just "online
    Transfer" and I record the confirmation number in the memo field. When I
    enter a new one, it autofills most of it, which is great but it also
    autofills the memo. I'd like that to be blank. Is that possible? Currently,
    it is already filled with an old number.

5. 5 Posted by Braxton Beyer on 28 Apr, 2020 01:06 PM

So I take it that is not possible?

6. 6 Posted by Mark on 11 Jun, 2020 03:01 PM

Ok, so I have one entry in my register, Description = Amazon, Amount + XXX, Memo + Prime Membership. Thus is the one and only time I made this entry. I have made hundreds of entries for Description = Amazon, Amount + YYY, Memo = left blank.

If things are "on the fly" why is it every time I put Amazon in the description field the prime membership entry fills in? That entry was entered once several months ago, while the others have been entered hundreds of times since.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac