Syncing without Dropbox

steve mutchler

07 Apr, 2020 07:58 PM

Is it possible to use another cloud service other than Dropbox to sync across multiple computers and androids....\
Problem...Free account on Dropbox only allows 3 syncs....

I would like to have 5-6 syncs...

thanks...

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 07 Apr, 2020 08:16 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Steve

You can use the syncing method Shared Folder to sync between computers. I have tested OneDrive, Google Drive, Box.com and pCloud and they all work. But if you want to sync to mobile devices e.g. phones you have to use Dropbox.

The Dropbox restrictions maybe not as bad as they first sound.

The limit of 3 devices running Dropbox applications with a free account applies to the devices that can be connected to a Dropbox product itself, via official Dropbox applications, such as the official Dropbox desktop client or mobile applications.

If your computers are using Dropbox Folder as a syncing method for Moneydance then as you have to have Dropbox Client installed, this count towards the limit.

However, if you use Dropbox Connection and don’t have Dropbox Client installed, this does not count towards the limit. This limit does not apply to third party apps that connect to Dropbox via the Dropbox API. This includes the Dropbox Application Program Interface that is embedded in Moneydance mobile. Your mobile devices would only count towards the limit if you had Dropbox official app installed on your mobile devices for another reason.

Hope this helps.

2. System closed this discussion on 07 Jul, 2020 08:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac