How do I transfer/copy

Judith Kane

12 Apr, 2020 08:06 PM

How do I copy 3 months of Transaction entries I put in wrong folder? I want to move them all to another more current folder with all my other entries instead of manually reentering...
I tried Edit - Select All (it doesn't highlight), I tried Copy (it doesn't). I have been learning to use MoneyDance through trial and error, but its slow going. Now I don't want to spend another day handcopying, because I finally figured out WHY my correct accounting was scattered all over the place. Operator error, of course, but now the Operator gets it, and would like a speedy way as a 'reward'. Please!

1. 1 Posted by Judith Kane on 12 Apr, 2020 08:12 PM

I am trying to transfer 3 months of MONEYDANCE transactions into a more Recent MONEYDANCE folder.
    Prior to today I didn't realize that each time I opened a different long code number to
    enter the latest statement figures, it didn't always bring another update in another account with it because I entered months apart.
    Also...is there a way to SAVE?
    AND when I open File -Open to Judy's Personal Finances I must have at least 100 of those very long numbers. Can I just delete them starting at the top and leave maybe only the last most recent?

2. 2 Posted by mhoggie on 12 Apr, 2020 08:30 PM

just a user,

Are you trying to move transactions between accounts? Or to another data file?

3. 3 Posted by Judith Kane on 12 Apr, 2020 08:43 PM

I didn’t get a manual, and I am 76 so bear with me…I have my Jan - Mar 20 credit card purchases all typed in on an older version of that particular side category (Credit card). I want to put them on my most recent page that opens up, because my 2nd credit card and 2 Bank monthly accounting are on that data file (????) and I am understanding finally that I should always open up the SAME string of numbers that look like this:
    . 22320 43 35 20200220-224-20200225 - 1840 2 3 2
    I want to copy and past 3 months of credit card wrongly place in string of numbers ending -2 3 3 to a previous string of numbers page ending in -2 3 2.

I am going from MoneyD to MoneyD

4. System closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2020 08:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac