Switch From Dual Monitor to Single Screen

michael

28 Apr, 2020 02:59 AM

I had my laptop (MD 2017.10 on Windows 10 version 1903) connected to an external monitor. MD worked great on the laptop before and even better on the dual monitor setup.

However, since disconnecting the external monitor, MD only displays the main window on the laptop screen. Other screens, such as Graphs and Reports, Reminders, and Reconcile do not appear on the screen and there is no way to access those windows. If I plug the external monitor back into the computer the windows are on that monitor.

I have tried restarting MD and rebooting the computer but neither fixes the issue. I have never seen this problem with any the program before.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 28 Apr, 2020 03:39 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Moneydance remembers the last screen position used, even if that screen is no longer connected it remembers the virtual position.

Two solutions are available:

1. Use the Key combination Alt-spacebar followed by the M key to get access to the resize and move options and to invoke the Move function then use the arrow keys to move the window back onto the visible screen.

2. Rename the config.dict file that exists in the .Moneydance folder under your login directory. doing this removes all preferences including the remembered positions, it will be as if Moneydance has just been installed, so you need to open your Data Set as well as re-enter your license key.

2. Maddy closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2020 08:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac