Update

Kerry Carroll

28 Apr, 2020 02:25 PM

Have updates for this product been discontinued?

I used to receive 3-4 updates per year. I haven't had any in almost a year. Is this app still being maintained?

Kerry

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 28 Apr, 2020 03:07 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Kerry

Latest released build of 2019 is 2019.3(1880) at https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

Latest preview build of 2019 is 2019.4(1904) at https://infinitekind.com/preview

Release and preview do seem to be less frequent than they used to be, but if you haven’t updated for a year there should be an update available to you.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Kerry Carroll on 28 Apr, 2020 03:17 PM

Thank you derekkent23.

I think we are making the same point. 2019.3 was released in June 2019. That's 46 weeks ago (if my math is right).

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 28 Apr, 2020 03:35 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Kerry

Could be.
    Not sure about the last release build date as I always run the Preview build.

2019.4(1904) is dated 4th March 2020 and is stable.

Perhaps support will let us both know why its been so long since a preview build has been turned into a released build.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 28 Apr, 2020 10:25 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Yes 1880 was release in June 2019.

Looking at the preview builds I do not see anything really significant enough to say there should be a new stable release made and the implication that people should upgrade. There are point fixes but they should apply to a minority of Moneydance users.

However I do see a couple of things in the latest preview releases that I would expect to be the cause of a lot of complaint at least and in this respect that would disqualify them, in my view, from being considered for being a stable release.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Sean Reilly on 01 May, 2020 01:47 PM

Sorry about the less frequent release of updates. I am making progress on a lot of fronts (including the mobile apps) but should still be pushing out updates of Moneydance - we're long overdue! Please don't worry about Moneydance ever being abandoned - that'll never happen.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

6. 6 Posted by davet65 on 14 May, 2020 08:34 PM

I am running 1899 on Mac OS 10.13.6. Should I update to 1904 or just wait for what Sean promised?

7. 7 Posted by dwg on 14 May, 2020 08:52 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The changes in the recent previews are mostly fixes for specific issues which should only impact a relatively small number of users, so unless you have an issue fixed in one of those releases there would seem to be little need to upgrade.

8. 8 Posted by davet65 on 15 May, 2020 02:15 AM

Thanks, dwg.

9. 9 Posted by fejfarad on 13 Jun, 2020 11:14 PM

I have mad several comments and suggestions, and am waiting for a new version. Now have (1994)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac