Importing and seeing data for 5 years

Penny Edgington

28 Apr, 2020 05:29 PM

Hi, I have bought this software to import and analyse all the transactions over multiple years. I have just tried to import these into the software but can only see the transactions relating to this financial year. Could you please let me know how I go about seeing, classifying and reporting on transactions over multiple years?

Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 28 Apr, 2020 05:46 PM

Hello,

Can you clarify where you are importing your data from? Is it from another program, your bank, etc?

One thing to check is that the All button at the top of your register is selected. Some of the other transactions can filter out older transactions from the active view.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Penny Edgington on 30 Apr, 2020 08:25 PM

Hi Ethan,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I'm importing .csv files which are downloaded from different bank accounts.

I have checked that "all" is checked and they still seem to be only this year's transactions.

Penny

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 30 Apr, 2020 09:21 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Banks often limit the amount of data that can be download, there is nothing Moneydance can do about this.

To check on how much data is in the download you can open the CSV file in a spreadsheet and just see what data is there.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 01 May, 2020 04:13 PM

I agree that opening the CSV in another program like a spreadsheet would be helpful. If transactions from previous years are in the file but Moneydance doesn't seem to be importing them, we can work on figuring out why, but let's make sure they're there in the first place. If they're not, some bank websites have different download settings where you can choose to download older data. Each bank is different, so you'll have to contact them if these options aren't apparent to see if that would be possible.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. System closed this discussion on 31 Jul, 2020 04:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac