Editing Check# field

alclubb1967

22 May, 2020 04:21 PM

I am trying to add a tag to the Check# field but I can't seem to be able to do it. When I go to the Summary Page and click on Account, Edit, the screen comes up showing all the items that are available in the Check# field. There is a + sign next to that box. When I click on that + sign the options that come up are custom, to be printed mark, neck check #. I assumed I was supposed to click on "custom" so I could add a new field, but nothing happens when I click on that.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Matt on 22 May, 2020 08:12 PM

I am just a user

Hi alclubb1967,

To the right of the word 'Custom' is an empty text box in which you can add your new entry. Once you have added it, click 'OK'.
    You may now select it from the Check# field in the registry.

Regards, Matt

2. 2 Posted by alclubb1967 on 22 May, 2020 08:32 PM

OMG, thank you so much. I didn't see that little text box. That worked perfectly!!

Ann

Friday, May 22, 2020, 3:13:02 PM, you wrote:

3. 3 Posted by alclubb1967 on 22 May, 2020 08:57 PM

Matt, I hate to bother you again, but I am trying to reorder the way the tags are listed. I have tried moving them into the order I want, but they don't stay. They revert back to the default order. I'm sure it's something equally as easy as adding my own tag, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you for any help on this.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 22 May, 2020 09:40 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Lists in Moneydance generally come up in Alphabetic order.

5. 5 Posted by alclubb1967 on 22 May, 2020 10:14 PM

Oh. I didn't know that. I then I don't understand why there is an option to re-order the list if it won't work. Thank you foor telling me.

Friday, May 22, 2020, 4:40:53 PM, you wrote:

6. 6 Posted by Matt on 23 May, 2020 01:38 PM

Ann,

You could always plead your case to the developers who may include your 'suggestion' in a future update.

Regards
    Matt

7. 7 Posted by alclubb1967 on 23 May, 2020 01:59 PM

Good idea! It just seemed strange that there are directions on how to move them up or down in the "account/edit" menu but then they are not in that order when you go to one of your accounts. I mean, what would be the point of changing the order in the edit menu if it doesn't show up in the accounts?

Thanks,
    Ann

Saturday, May 23, 2020, 8:38:53 AM, you wrote:

8. 8 Posted by dwg on 23 May, 2020 10:34 PM

Re-ordering the Check # field in earlier version certainly did work (this seems to be one of the few lists that was not Alphabetic) but it did require a restart of Moneydance for it to take effect.

If after a restart iy does not work then this would seem to be a regression that occurred along the way. There is no point in trying a preview release as it currently works quite differently with the check # field to previous releases.

9. 9 Posted by alclubb1967 on 23 May, 2020 10:39 PM

Mine is the version 2019.3 (1880) and a restart did not help. It still does not keep the order in which I set it. I think it is a bug in the latest version.

Saturday, May 23, 2020, 5:34:28 PM, you wrote:

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac