new release??

Debra Salish

01 Jun, 2020 02:46 PM

you blog shows last post one year ago with upgrades. Would dearly love to switch to Moneydance but MUST have savings goal capability to earmark funds for large infrequent expenditures like property taxes, car insurance etc. Was told this was coming but have not seen it. any idea when or even if this will be incorporated?

I don't like the envelope process, I don't need to put money into every envelope to budget, just save for a few expenses (6) that come throughout the year.
Have seen workarounds for using sub categories, but it would be REALLY helpful if you had a succinct explanation of how to use this workaround and still be able to reconcile the account using these sub-categories.

HELP!

1. 1 Posted by rm2426 on 03 Jul, 2020 04:55 PM

A user...
    I have used two methods..
    1. Setup a reminder for date to be paid and auto post 30, 60, etc days in advance to post to your checking account, indicate how often it will be paid-Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly, etc. It will be displayed in your Register for your Bank Account-Checking as a future transaction (Reminder date=Start date.
    2. Create a new Bank Account = “Cash on hand” or “Pre-Paid Expense”... Then Enter transactions in checking account Budget $Amount” and categorize to either of theses accounts until actual payment. Make a note in Description the $Amount and what for.
    I use ??s In the reference/check# field. When completed or payment Is actually made the I edit the entire transaction to actual date, check#, Description, $Amount, and Description/ Memo.
    Hope this helps and presents some ideas for you to consider.
    Good luck, User=rm2426

2. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2020 05:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM