SCANNING RECEIPTS

J Peasley

13 Jun, 2020 11:15 AM

What scanner/type of scanner would you need to scan your receipts

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 13 Jun, 2020 11:58 AM

I'm fellow user.

While Moneydance allows you to attach documents to transactions it does not have an interface that enables it to capture the images directly from a scanner. You need to use standard tools to do this and then just attach the document to the transaction once you have it on disk.

2. 2 Posted by Jonathan Peasle... on 13 Jun, 2020 02:50 PM

It was just that other than the shops/businesses who issue you with a receipt for your shopping not many customers including myself even bother looking at the barcode of the grocery receipt from which they have just been given.As my usage for the software would be based on personal expenses it would mean otherwise entering any transactions in manually if as you explained it wasnt possible to enter them electronically.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 13 Jun, 2020 06:54 PM

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure I understand your last comment, but the attachment feature doesn't actually scan your receipts and somehow enter the scanned information into the program. It's just for you to add a scan/photo of documentation relevant to the purchase to a specific transaction. You would create the transaction normally in the program, either manually entering it, or by importing the transaction from your bank (https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/). Let me know if I didn't understand what you were asking.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac