How to delete

gary lacey

14 Jun, 2020 03:38 PM

Hi how do I delete accounts that have been imported from microsoft money please?

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 14 Jun, 2020 04:26 PM

just a user,

Go to tools, accounts, then you can select the account and delete. But make sure that there are no transactions in the accounts that you delete which are linked to other accounts, (like checking). Because those transactions will be deleted also. Just remember that all transactions in MD are paired with either a category or account. That would be OK if only categories are involved, but if paired with another account will cause you grief.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 14 Jun, 2020 07:12 PM

If there are transactions in these accounts, I would strongly recommend you instead mark them as inactive (in Account -> Edit Account), and right-click on the account to remove it from the left sidebar. This will hide it from most places in the program. Deleting the account will also delete things like transfer transactions, which will cause problems with the balances of many other accounts.

If you're certain you no longer need an account, I'd still recommend making a backup of your data file before you delete it (File -> Export Backup), because there's no way to undo that action if you don't like the result.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac