dont really understand the investment section

mgfew

10 Nov, 2016 09:31 PM

number of questions:
A.I have transferred funds and the amounts appear in the "bank register tab" but nothing appears in the "register tab" and when adding securities in the "Register tab" nothing appears in the "bank register tab".
As I enter more investments, including dividends in the "register tab" the balance changes but there is no impact on the "bank register"tab?
conversely if I enter the dividend amount in the "bank register" tab nothing appears in the Register tab????

B. how does one enter a Div Reinv. receipt e.g
gross dividend £59.00
DRIP shares x*y= £44.10
Broker fees £1,72
total charge £45.82 (44.10+1.72)
remaining cash balance £13.18 which remains in the broker cash account until the next dividend reinvestment

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 10 Nov, 2016 10:30 PM

The way I handle such transaction is:

Firstly

1. Ignore the Dividend Reinvestment transactions type, it will not work in this situation
    2. Don't worry about the Bank Register so this is all done n the investment register

To enter the transaction

1, Enter the Dividend as Div transactions type categorizing the amount as appropriate., e.g. Investment:Dividend
    2. Enter a Buy transaction for the reinvestment entering price, fees and amount as usual

This should leave a remaining amount that will stay in the account and can be used along with the next dividend receipt for the next DRIP round

2. System closed this discussion on 09 Feb, 2017 10:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac