Quotes and Stock Exchange

boydd_uk

05 Jun, 2015 01:01 PM

I have an ETF that is in USD but is listed on the London Stock Exchange. However, there is no option to select London Stock Exchange (USD). Which I'm guessing is what I need?

Help.

1. 1 Posted by Tom Freeman on 10 Jun, 2015 07:02 PM

You can double click the exchange filed to bring up an edit box and edit the currency.

This may have an effect on how the price is reported based on the base currency of the investment account if held in a currency other than US$. If you could let me know the name of the ETF and the base currency of the investment account, i can mock up an account and see if editing the currency in the exchange field will have the desired effect.

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by boydd_uk on 17 Jun, 2015 11:07 AM

The security in question is IShares Corporate Bond High Yield. It's listed on the UK Stock Exchange, but is denominated in dollars. The EPIC is HYLD.

3. 3 Posted by Tom Freeman on 23 Jun, 2015 05:46 PM

I mocked up a data file and tried this out. The security will only download and be held in dollars if both the security and investment account is set to dollars. Otherwise if you set up the currency of the security to US $, but the investment account is set to GBP, the program will convert the downloaded price to match the currency of the account.

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:54 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac