Securities detail - bug?

wesjdick

15 Aug, 2017 04:15 PM

I'm a new user, so maybe I'm missing something, but see the attached screenshot of the "Securities Detail" page..
1. The "Price" in the upper right is not the current price, it's the number of shares in the most recent transaction.
2. The "Current Value" in the upper right is incorrect (presumably because it's using the wrong price).
3. The price history is showing numbers that don't exactly match the prices in the register. On January 1 and in April and May, the prices are correct. In February and March, the numbers are close to the price, but not exact. In June and July, the price history is actually showing the number of shares in each transaction..
4. The price history chart has the same errors as the history table.
5. Although not shown on the screenshot, the register view is correct but the portfolio view has the same wrong information as the securities detail page.

I'm using MD 2017.4 (1624), Windows 7. All of the information in the register was entered manually today. I made some mistakes when initially entering the data; maybe the program adopted the first values I entered, even though I later corrected them in the register?

Thanks in advance.

1. 1 Posted by Tom Freeman on 15 Aug, 2017 06:19 PM

Please update to the most current build (1633). This should fix the issue.

You can do that from here:
    http://infinitekind.com/preview

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by wesjdick on 15 Aug, 2017 08:03 PM

Thanks, Tom.

I updated as you suggested. I also installed the Security Price extension and corrected the current price so that the current value is now correct. The history window and price graph are still showing the wrong information, though.

Wes

3. 3 Posted by Tom Freeman on 15 Aug, 2017 08:12 PM

You may have to manually remove the incorrect entries in the price history then click the import > import from transactions function to update.

I believe the app refrains from overwriting price history to ensure no inadvertent changes are made.

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by wesjdick on 16 Aug, 2017 01:30 AM

Thanks very much, Tom, absolutely right!

5. System closed this discussion on 15 Nov, 2017 01:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac