How to remove security prices not present in its History

maymone

17 Aug, 2017 12:03 PM

Hi there,
I have a security which I bought at a certain date. Moneydance was showing prices in the graph and History after that date, and that is okay with me.
Now it shows prices on the graph before that date, which would not be a problem if they only were correct. But they're completely wrong and haywire (guess it's related to the recent Yahoo updating issue). So I went to History to try and delete those previous prices. But they simply don't show up. The oldest price I have is when I bought the security. No lines before that. So I can't delete the wrong history.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
TM

1. 1 Posted by Henry on 18 Aug, 2017 04:17 PM

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I apologise for the delay.
    Would it be possible for you to share your version and build number of Moneydance, to do this, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed?

Was the security added to multiple investment accounts by any chance?

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by maymone on 18 Aug, 2017 04:21 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for your email.
    This is Moneydance for Mac 2017.4 (1624).
    The security was added to just one investment account.

Best regards
    TM

3. 3 Posted by Henry on 18 Aug, 2017 04:24 PM

Thank you for sharing the the version and build.
    The reason for my question was that there was a recent bug fix for the security detail graph and it's available in the preview.

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview release of Moneydance from here:

https://infinitekind.com/preview

and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing?

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by maymone on 18 Aug, 2017 04:38 PM

Well, I’m sorry but it didn’t solve the issue: I still have prices on the graph that I don’t see in the History.
    Furthermore, now I have a message at the top saying that this is Demo mode, and that I may manually enter 100 more transactions as part of the trial. Now I bought this through the App Store, so I don’t recall having a license or registration number.

Hope you can help.
    TM

5. 5 Posted by Henry on 18 Aug, 2017 04:44 PM

I apologise for the added difficulty.
    You can return to the previous version if you still have the old app icon in the Applications folder by opening that icon, if you replaced the old icon then you can retrieve it by opening the Mac App Store and navigating to the Purchased Tab and clicking on install on the next to the App icon.

I recommended the preview due to the similarity of the issue that was solved by the preview version.

After you have the old version, would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of the Graph and the price history entries?

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by maymone on 19 Aug, 2017 01:48 PM

Good morning,

I have reinstalled the previous version.

Here follow the screenshots of the graph and History for the same security. As you can see, the graph starts to behave normally on the date I bought the security (March 1, 2017). Before that it has a very awkward behaviour. Id you look at the History, the first line I have (the lowest in the series), which is highlighted, is of that same day. Before that I have no lines I can edit or remove.

Hope this helps you assisting me.

Beste regards
    TM

7. System closed this discussion on 18 Nov, 2017 01:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac