Employee Stock Options

's Avatar

sean.mccarney

31 Aug, 2015 05:30 AM

Hi

I'm new to Moneydance and I'm trying to set up my employee share options. I have company shares, made up of employee shares which I bought and matching shares paid for by my company over the past three years (ie 6 lots in total). I've set up an investment account in Moneydance with an opening value, but this shows as cash. How do I set this up correctly in Moneydance to reflect my share ownership etc?

Thanks for your help.

Sean McCarney

1. 1 Posted by Tom Freeman on 31 Aug, 2015 02:52 PM

How are the shares you purchase paid for? If the purchase is deducted from your paycheck, you should have a split transaction attached to your salary deposit allocating the funds into your investment account. Then you would do a buy for these shares from that cash. If the share are purchased from a bank account then you can do a buyxfer from that account. Or if the bank download shows a transfer of cash into you investment account just do a buy transaction.

For the employer shares, create an income account named "Employer contribution". Do a buyxfer from this account for the shares. You may want to have this category as a sub-category of your salary to link it with your total compensation.

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:58 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac