Dividend shows a price ?

Daniel Wild

22 May, 2018 10:58 AM

As you can see when I enter a dividend, its entering a price which means my reports are wrong, however, It will not allow me to remove the value?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 22 May, 2018 09:57 PM

Hi Daniel,

It is my understanding that the 'Price' field is ignored when the 'Action' of a transaction is set to 'Div'.

Your reports may be skewed because you have 'Investment:Trading Commission' chosen as the 'Category' of a 'Div' transaction. 'Investment Income:Dividends' would be more appropriate.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Daniel Wild on 23 May, 2018 12:52 PM

[cid:[email blocked]]

I have mapped to the correct category, however, the report shows 100 as the price, is it possible to get this removed as it makes the report look incorrect.

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 23 May, 2018 01:35 PM

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the screenshot.

From what I've read on these forums, the 100 is used as a placeholder and thus can not be removed.

If you consider it as a 1.00 rather than a 100, then it makes sense as the cash 'price' of a dividend.

I agree with you that it should either reflect an accurate value of 1.00 or it should not be shown at all; even as a placeholder.

As this is a long-standing issue with MD (older versions displayed a 10000) there is likely a bug-fix ticket already in the queue.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. System closed this discussion on 22 Aug, 2018 01:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac