stock quote extension is not working

Steven Gelsie

29 Jul, 2018 01:41 AM

I am using the latest version of Money Dance 2017.8 (1691) and the Alphavatange extension for stock quotes. I am using Opensuse leap 15. The extension fails to get quotes on over half of the stocks.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 08:31 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Hi Steven

It appears that Alpha Vantage are now limiting the number of quote request they accept per minute or at least that’s what their web site states, see https://www.alphavantage.co/premium/

I think the current Q & ER extension v1018 works on the principal of a 15 second delay after 5 connections. Connections being a 1.5 second intervals. Approximately 15 connections per minute. Perhaps the Q & ER request rate needs to be slowed down further. I you are not already using build v1018 update to it as some users find it helps.

Alternatively, there is a free Stand-Alone program that is reliable as it does not suffer from a request limit. It downloads stocks and funds from many stock exchanges as well as exchange rates. The quotes can then be imported into Moneydance. See post 236 in this thread http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3036-third-par...

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Steve on 29 Jul, 2018 04:30 PM

derek:

Thanks for responding. I am running V1018. I was able to get HleOfxQutoes to work and create a CSV file for MD. How do I import this file into MD. I could not get the correct field choice when I did File->Import .

3. 3 Posted by Steve on 29 Jul, 2018 04:48 PM

Derek:

I was able to get the update the stock price after importing by going to each stock history and clicking on new. Go figure.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 04:53 PM

Hi Steven

You need to use one of Mike Brays extensions.
    See page 4 of the PDF.

The symbols that appear in the Converted Prices window in the stand-alone program must be the same as used in the Moneydance. If you are having problems with this aspect just post.
    In any event when you follow page 4 of the PDF is you run into problems just post.
    We will sort out any issues you have and get you up and running.

Hope this helps

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 04:58 PM

Hi Steven

I think our posts crossed.

Not sure I understand the method you were using to import the data from the CSV file exported from the stand-alone program?
    Were you using the recommended method, that is one of Mike Brays extensions?

6. System closed this discussion on 28 Oct, 2018 05:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Mar, 2024 08:05 PM
04 Mar, 2024 08:02 PM
04 Mar, 2024 03:16 PM