Transferring accounts to a different Bank

seeloewen

03 Apr, 2019 06:23 PM

I've changed financial advisors and thus investment banks. Ive created a new Investment and I want to add the securities I had in the old Investment account. I don't care about the old transactions; I would just like to transfer the investment at the price and shares that I received from the old investment bank. For example, if I had 1000 shares of a mutual fund from BAD Bank, do I sell & Transfer to the new Investment, GOOD Bank.?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 08 Apr, 2019 05:26 PM

Hi seeloewen,

Would it be workable for you to just change the name and account number of the BAD bank account to those of the GOOD bank?

You could maybe make a annotation in the 'Comments' section of the account as to the particulars of the swapped accounts.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by seeloewen on 08 Apr, 2019 09:41 PM

Hmm, interesting idea.  Ive been able to add all the securities and price information.  But I may try your approach if I encounter more problems.  Right now Im trying to sort out the money side, ie, where did the dough come from to 'buy' the new securities?  I get completely different results using the SellTransfer transaction types.Thanks

3. System closed this discussion on 08 Jul, 2019 09:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac