Can I "hide" Old Securities in aaccount register?

Jeff

17 Apr, 2019 11:59 AM

I have a brokerage account I have held for many decades. The account register contains a large number of securities that I have bought and sold in the past with current balance of zero. When I add a new transaction in the Account Register, I have to scroll through those large numbers of no longer held securities to find the active security. Is there a way to "hide" the inactive securities that are displayed in the investment section of the account register without deleting all their data from the account register?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 17 Apr, 2019 12:46 PM

Hi Jeff,

Since the nomenclature adheres to ASCII rules, what I've done in this situation is to append a 'z' to the name of the no longer held securities. e.g. zMicrosoft, zGoogle,

Doing so does not hide the securities but it does relegate them to the bottom of the list and out of the way.

If I remember correctly, I may have needed to restart Moneydance for the changes to take effect.

I did a few every day. It was a once-and-done task.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Jeff on 17 Apr, 2019 01:54 PM

Simple but effective! Thanks !

p.s. you do have to restart Moneydance after modifying the security name.

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 17 Apr, 2019 03:11 PM

Hi Jeff,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that it worked.

Thank you for reporting back with your results and for the confirmation re the required restart.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. System closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2019 03:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac