Security Price Update

davier12

29 Jun, 2019 01:10 PM

Is there any effort to fix the update process for securities? I have had the problem over a year where it absolutely DOES NOT update the price. In addition, it takes over 45 minutes to go through the process for 8 securities only to have nothing happen. I have version 2019.2(1868)

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jun, 2019 03:11 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Can you provide say three ticker symbols and the associated name of the securities so I can test.

2. 2 Posted by davier12 on 02 Jul, 2019 11:47 AM

Sorry I have been so long in responding, but I wanted to let a day pass where I had not tried to update. This morning I ran an update. The individual stocks updated correctly, however not one single mutual fund updated. I was expecting to see the closing prices for 7/1 trading date, which the securities did. The mutual funds still had the Friday 6/28 closing price ,which I had manually updated. In addition, it ran for over 45 minutes to update. In total in this file I have between 30 -40 securities and mutual funds. This seems excessively long to update to me. Some of the funds are:
    TRBCX
    PRGFX
    PRDSX
    AKREX

Thanks for your assistance. I get nothing out of MoneyDance support.

Dave

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Jul, 2019 02:15 PM

Hi David

I am running 2019.3(1881) and build v1024 of the Quote and Exchange Rate Updater.
    All four of your example funds returned a price dated 7/1 although it was slow.

I also tested using the third-party Quote Loader which is fast, see screen shot and also see https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4039-quo...

If you are still having problem download the PDF attached to post 178 and take a look.
    Also watch the YouTube video to get a overview of Quote Loader see link on page 1 of PDF.

Hope this helps

4. 4 Posted by davier12 on 02 Jul, 2019 02:23 PM

Thanks, I don’t know if I am that computer literate to accompany;ish this, but I will give it a try when I get a chance. I don’t know why my mutual fund prices did not give the 7/1 date. I have a suspicion my dataset is corrupted or something.

Dave

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Jul, 2019 03:24 PM

Hi David

Take a look at the YouTube video as I suggested and you will see how easy it is to install Quote Loader and use it.

Have Fun

6. System closed this discussion on 01 Oct, 2019 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac