updating investment quotes

Steve

26 Jul, 2019 09:08 PM

I have all my investment accounts and securities set up. I have the quotes and exchange rates updater installed. When I ask it to download quotes and exchange rates now; nothing happens. I never saw a option to choose Yahoo or Google finance as a source to connect to. I have a Mac. I am at a loss of what to do now.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 26 Jul, 2019 09:24 PM

I am not support staff, jut a user.

Can you post say four ticker symbols plus their security names so I can test?

Can you confirm the version and build of Moneydance you are running e.g. 2019.4(1886) and the build of quotes and exchange rates updater?

Have you followed the process to obtain a key from Alpha Vantage and set that as the source for securities?
    Note IEX trading has closed its API as a source for quotes so can’t be used as a source.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by Steve Yaden on 26 Jul, 2019 09:37 PM

Thanks Derek for your input. I am running 2019 version. It is set to alpha advantage for the source and I did get a key and entered it. Obviously I must still be missing a step. Sample symbols would be HACAX, DODGX, RPMGX, and VPMCX.

Thanks,

Steve

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 26 Jul, 2019 10:06 PM

I am not support staff, jut a user.

Tested using 2019.4(1886) and Build v1024 of quotes and exchange rates updater.

Prices for all four securities were returned, but Alpha Vantage as a source is very, very slow.
    Perhaps post a screen shot of your settings in the quotes and exchange rates updater window, maybe I will see a setting error.

I also tested using the free third-party Quote Loader and all four of your example securities returned prices, see screen shot.

If you want to try Quote Loader see post 178 at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4039-quo...
    Download the PDF attached to post 178 and have a read.
    To get an overview take a look at the YouTube video by using the link on page one of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

4. System closed this discussion on 25 Oct, 2019 10:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac