Ticker symbols

Massimo

23 Nov, 2019 05:22 PM

Hi,

I can't download prices for securities that are traded in the Milan Stock Exchange.
I might have got wrong the ticker or its symbols.
For instance, I've recorded Unicredit shares with its official ticker UCG.MI, yet that doesn't work: it seems the system doesn't recognize it and it doesn't allow me to download and update quotes (see attached image)

Can you please advice?

Kind Regards,
Massimo

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Nov, 2019 07:18 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Massimo

The issue is the ticker symbol. Use UCG and when you run the Quote and Exchange Rate Updater select Alpha Vantage as the source with Milan Stock Exchange selected as the Stock Exchange.

If the Quote and exchange rate updater does not work well for you try the free third-party Quote Loader. Both of the sources in the Quote Loader have good coverage of worldwide securities.

See Screen shot of Quote returned by Quote Loader. Both Quote Loader sources returned a price.

See post 205 at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4039-quote-loader-securitycurrency-price-loader-for-moneydance-2019/page/7#comment_47493595

Download the PDF attached to posts 205 and have a read.
    To get an overview take a look at the YouTube video by using the link on page 1 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

2. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2020 07:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac