Can't get updated stock prices

David Brewster

20 Feb, 2020 01:51 AM

Hello, I have the Quotes and Exchange Rates extension installed in Moneydance 2019.3. I also have an Alphavantage API key. Exchange rates seem to update successfully, but security prices either show as zero or don't update at all. Also tried the IEX Trading option for security prices but that didn't work either. Is there a more efficient way to update my security prices?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 20 Feb, 2020 02:14 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The Quotes and Exchange Rates extension (Q&ER) has a known bug with reporting a 0 price in the status bar when the correct price has been downloaded.

My recent observations with AlphaVantage (AV) is that there appear to have been changes in the timeouts and that the Q&ER may need to revise its throttling to comply with AV policy.

There appears to have been changes made by IEX so I think this source needs to be revisited to see if it can still be used.

I would suggest you look at the latest version of Quote Loader. I would expect that to resolve the problems you are having.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the-new-quote-loader

2. 2 Posted by David Brewster on 20 Feb, 2020 03:52 AM

Thanks dwg, much appreciated. Alphavantage did work in the end with the
    Q&ER, but I installed QuoteLoader and it is much more efficient. Problem
    solved.

David

3. Maddy closed this discussion on 20 Feb, 2020 01:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac