Is there a way to display a master portfolio?

TRudolph

11 Mar, 2020 08:24 PM

I would like to be able to display all holdings in a single aggregate portfolio without it being segregated by account (I have some positions that are held in more than one account).

I've looked but cannot find a way to do this. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 12 Mar, 2020 11:52 AM

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

Can you let me know which operating system you're running on your computer/s?

If it's easier, you can send me a screenshot of what you're seeing. You can read instructions for taking a screenshot here - https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Thank you

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by TRudolph on 12 Mar, 2020 11:57 AM

MacOS 10.14.6
    See screenshot.

Thanks.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 12 Mar, 2020 12:09 PM

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant was: please navigate to Tool->Graph and Reports->Portfolio and send us a screenshot of the settings used.

Thank you

--

4. 4 Posted by TRudolph on 12 Mar, 2020 12:42 PM

I see. They are individual pull down menus, so cannot get each setting/setup in a single screenshot.

Select:All
    Type: All Security (also tried All Investment and All Investment + All Security)
    Show: By Individual (Security is checked) <- but I’ve tried all combinations here, too.

Each combination of settings possible always results in displaying everything grouped by investment account.

I even tried relaunching Moneydance.

What combination of settings do you suggest I try again to make sure?

Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Clive Gilroy on 15 Mar, 2020 02:08 PM

Good Afternoon,

I note that you have asked the same question posed by me on 5th March 2020 under “Investment Performance & Portfolio Views” ---- but with admirable brevity compared with my “ramble”!
    In the absence of a response from the Infinite Support Team I had assumed that shares cannot be displayed separately & aggregated outwith the individual accounts in the various graph investment options and, yes, I also have tried the various edit options without success

Clive

6. 6 Posted by TRudolph on 15 Mar, 2020 06:54 PM

Thanks for your input, Clive. I am a bit surprised there isn't a default report for this as I have always needed an option to display all positions in a single portfolio (a long-standing standard feature of Quicken Mac). I do hope Infinite sees the benefit of such an option as, though I am not a programmer, I cannot believe it would take much to accomplish.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 16 Mar, 2020 01:28 PM

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Thank you both for the suggestion for improving Moneydance! I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system with your suggestion, so the developers will be looking into it.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

--

8. 8 Posted by TRudolph on 17 Mar, 2020 04:19 PM

Thanks, Maddy. It would be a most welcome feature as I am confident most investors probably have more than one account, if not deal with multiple brokerage houses. Be nice to see where you stand without having to do 'math'. Looking forward to seeing it come to fruition.

9. 9 Posted by Clive Gilroy on 28 Mar, 2020 05:31 PM

Hi Maddy,

On 16/3/20 you commented “Thank you both for the suggestion for improving Moneydance! I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system with your suggestion, so the developers will be looking into it.”

However, I see that back in 2016 when the same issue was raised under Investments and “Report by Total Shareholding” on 22/8/16, Tom Freeman of Infinite Kind support replied on 29/8/16 saying “We have a feature request ticket in for reports by security. I have attached it to this thread”
    I am wondering therefore if the issue is now closer to being addressed ?

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Maddy on 29 Mar, 2020 09:48 AM

Hi Clive,

I can confirm that the ticket is currently open and that generally means that the issue is being addressed and our development team are working on it.

Unfortunately, I cannot speculate on the ETF but stay reassured that it has been taken into consideration.

--

11. 11 Posted by PaulF on 18 Jun, 2020 07:09 AM

HI -is there any progress on this? When can we expect this or is it already in a preview?
    Many thanks Paul

12. 12 Posted by dwg on 18 Jun, 2020 08:43 AM

As far as I am aware the only "report" that I think can aggregates share holdings from different accounts is the Extra Investment Reports extension

13. 13 Posted by PaulF on 18 Jun, 2020 09:12 AM

Thanks dwg - I had forgotten about this extension! I have been using the Portfolio Tracker extension but had hoped (from the Support comment above) for this to have been actioned into MD by now and was looking for an update from IK. Can somebody from Support give an update please?

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Ethan on 18 Jun, 2020 07:23 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot provide timelines for when new features will be implemented. All I can say is that a ticket has been filed in our tracking system, which will allow our developers to consider it for inclusion in a future release. I apologise if previous replies suggested this would be implemented relatively soon.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac