Tracking 401k Accounts and Cash Value Life Insurance

Byron Preuss

24 Jun, 2020 12:33 AM

Hello, I am seriously considering purchasing your program, but i wanted to know if it has the capability to track 401k accounts and cash value life insurance. My 401k plan doesn't provide me a list (either printable or downloadable) of transactions, so all I need is the ability to update the balance manually.

The life insurance does provide me with a list of dividend payments and re-investments back into the policy, but again, all I really need is the ability to update the current value from time to time.

Thank you in advance,
Byron

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 24 Jun, 2020 01:13 AM

just a user,

I have a Fidelity 401K that I track with MD. It's set up as an investment, but you will need to update security prices manually because many 401K securities are unique offerings to a company and don't have prices listed in the normal broker services.

I also have an "whole life" insurance policy with Equitable AXA. It is set up as an investment also and requires manual input.

Best thing to do is just download MD and use it. All the features will work without a license but you will be limited to 100 manual inputs.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac