Recording general expenses in investment account

netwlim

29 Oct, 2020 08:22 AM

How do I record a general expense in an investment account that is not associated with any securities? An example would be an remittance fee for inward or outward overseas money transfers?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 29 Oct, 2020 08:27 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

Just do an Xfr transaction in the investment account to/from the fee category you want. Just check the balance afterwards to make sure you have the +\- sign correct. Easy! Took me years to realise I could do this...

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 29 Oct, 2020 08:28 AM

I'm a fellow user.

I would try switching to the Bank register - Bank register button at the top of the transaction register - and enter the transaction using this register.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 29 Oct, 2020 08:33 AM

In case you are confused the method Stuart outlines and the one I outlined achieve the same result, they are just different ways of entering the transaction.

4. 4 Posted by netwlim on 29 Oct, 2020 12:22 PM

Thank you. I am also curious why the transactions in the investment register is not displayed in the order it was entered. Registry is sorted by date from earliest to latest, but when I enter a new transaction, it does not always go to the bottom of the register. Sometimes it will be one or two entries above.

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Oct, 2020 01:56 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi netwlim

In an Investment account, Register tab highlight a transaction, right click and under Sort By make a selection.

Note than works for Bank, Credit Card type, etc accounts.

Hope this helps

6. 6 Posted by netwlim on 29 Oct, 2020 09:06 PM

Sent from my iPhone

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM