Automatic stock price update

Reed Nelson

10 Nov, 2020 02:32 AM

I am currently using Moneydance 2020.1(1928).

The stocks at a glance is terrible to read in dark mode. The text lines background alter dark and white. The text of stock symbol and stock name column are also white. So white on white. The text of price and other columns are dark and so dark on dark. Please fix.

The same is true for the QFX importer. In dark mode, I can't read the file name to import. Please fix

The stock price downloads is very slow. There is no status on progress of download stock prices. Have you looked at the price database in GnuCash? This download works faster. It also allows you to choose multiple source for the stock price: Alphaavantage, Fool, Vanguard etc.

Why use 3rd party developers for extensions?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 10 Nov, 2020 08:22 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Reed

If the Quote and exchange rate updater does not work well for you try the extension Quote Loader under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSION

For information see post 63 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF attached to posts 63 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac