Quotes don´t update in the new version

Marc

15 Nov, 2020 02:09 PM

I upgraded to the new version of moneydance and quotes from ft are not updated in moneydance 2021. I have the latest version of the quote loader, meanwhile , I have changed to the 2020 version which works fine.

1. 1 Posted by Mike Bray on 15 Nov, 2020 02:26 PM

Hi Marc
    I have just run a test with MD 2021 (2008) on Windows and QL worked fine with FT and FT HD sources.

Are you running on a Mac?

Do you get the red background on all prices?
    Mike (not support)

2. 2 Posted by Marc on 15 Nov, 2020 07:46 PM

Thanks for your answer. I have windows 10 and I tried again with the md 2021 (2008) version and it does the same, updates the yahoo sources and get the red background on FT sources.
    It must be a problem with my system then.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Nov, 2020 08:09 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Marc

Post a screen shot of the Quote Loader window after you have clicked GET PRICES so I can see the results including the ticker symbols and I will test.

4. 4 Posted by Marc on 16 Nov, 2020 05:08 PM

thanks for you interest.Here you have

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 16 Nov, 2020 06:30 PM

Hi Marc

I have tested your two problem Securities on Windows 10, Quote Loader v3026 and as you can see prices were returned.

Other than the need to tick the “Retrieve missed prices” box to allow FT HD to obtain missed prices your setting look OK.

If you are still unable to obtain prices for these two securities. Then to gather error data proceed as follows.

In Quote Loader click HELP -TURN ON DEBUG ON/OFF – DETAILED
    Close Moneydance and restart.
    Run Quote loader.
    Close Moneydance.
    Post the Moneydance errlog.txt file.

It should be located under your login directory at:
    C:\Users(yourusername).moneydance\errlog.txt

Hope this helps.

6. 6 Posted by Marc on 21 Nov, 2020 02:53 PM

Hello again, here is the file

7. 7 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Nov, 2020 05:33 PM

Hi Marc

I have asked Mike the Quote Load developer to take a look.

8. 8 Posted by Mike Bray on 22 Nov, 2020 10:45 AM

Hi
    Thanks for the error log. I have tried your securities on MD 2021 (2008) and they worked fine. The problem being reported is that QL can not parse the date returned from FT.com. I have tried a number of different date formats and they all work.

One thing I see in your log is a warning that you have a certificate out of date.
    The line is:

nov. 21, 2020 3:36:32 P. M. org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCookies processCookies
    ADVERTENCIA: Invalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: B=b5v3ag5fri9ff&b=3&s=k6; Expires=Sun, 21 Nov 2021 20:36:32 GMT; Max-Age=31557600; Domain=.yahoo.com; Path=/". Invalid 'expires' attribute: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 20:36:32 GMT

I am not sure where this is coming from but it appears a number of times in your log file but not mine. This could be to do with the new build (@seanreilly can you comment?) or your chosen browser, what do you use?

9. 9 Posted by Marc on 22 Nov, 2020 10:56 AM

Thanks for the reply. I was testing and I was found that changing the locale to English or another language did not have that error, however in the previous version being in Spanish it did not give me the error.

10. 10 Posted by Mike Bray on 22 Nov, 2020 11:16 AM

Hi Marc, I have reproduced the error and it is definitely the new
    version of Java that is causing this.  I have raised with Sean though I
    am not sure what he will do.
    Regards
    Mike

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac