How can I include short and long term capital gains in the detailed income and expenses report?

davidsclove

25 Nov, 2020 06:54 PM

When I run a detailed income and expenses report with the tax related option, my capital gains/losses are not included. How can I include them?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 25 Nov, 2020 07:21 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The Income and Expense reports are based on the reporting of category transactions and totals. Whereas Capital gains are the result of calculations. So the two sources are completely different.

The result is that Capital gains are not shown in an I & E reporting, nor is there any way of automatically including them. The only way I know of including them is to manually enter the amount as a transaction in its own right. I achieve this by having categories for various types of Capital gains and I draw the offsetting funds from a category that I do not use or include in any reporting.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac