How to update fund prices

Patrick

08 Jun, 2021 04:40 PM

I am trying to move from Quicken to MoneyDance.
1) I have imported a stock fund, but the price is incorrect. How do I update it?
2) any other tips for migrating from quicken would be appreciated.
JP

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 08 Jun, 2021 04:50 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Tools. Securities to edit prices.
    Quote Loader extension to auto update prices. Funds will work with the right ticker code. Note. Only have a single security per security and use this same security in each account that needs it. Don’t create multiple securities for the same one.

(Not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by Melissa on 08 Jun, 2021 05:10 PM

Hi,

I can see you’ve received a reply from one of our knowledgeable Moneydance customers.

To add to this useful information I thought it's worth mentioning that to transfer your data from Quicken, you should export your accounts in the QIF file format.

It is highly recommended to export all data into a single QIF file, as this makes the import process much smoother. Use the option in Quicken to export "all accounts" if available.

You can then follow the steps in this article to import the QIF file to Moneydance.

Additionally, if you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from our website on this page.

The trial version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test downloading data from your bank, and importing data from other personal finance software.
    If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all data you have entered during the trial period.

You can find the Moneydance knowledge base here which will be useful if you're using the program for the first time. I'd be happy to provide guidance if you have any questions or need assistance getting set up.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance. Thank you.

--
    Melissa, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Patrick Lestrad... on 08 Jun, 2021 05:14 PM

Thanks Melissa and Stuart, you all are indeed "infinitely kind"!
    JP
    ⁣Get TypeApp for Android ​

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 08 Jun, 2021 07:14 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Patrick

To obtain Security prices try the extension Quote Loader under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSION

For information on the features of this extension and how to use see post 167 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF’s attached to post 167 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

5. System closed this discussion on 07 Sep, 2021 07:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac