Merge Investment Transactions

jenkins007

23 Aug, 2021 02:16 PM

When will MD support merging investment transactions with manually added ones or ones that are automatically downloaded via non–investment accounts?

I do regular and ad hoc transfers from/to investment accounts with other accounts (checking, savings, etc.). When the non–investment accounts auto download transactions, these appear in the investment account. However, the automatic downloads for the investment accounts download a separate transaction with no way to merge. It gets painful when the non–investment accounts are already reconciled and then I have to manually reconcile the multiple accounts instead of a merge in the investment register.

This functionality to merge investment transactions really needs to be added!

1. 1 Posted by jenkins007 on 24 Aug, 2021 11:31 AM

Here is a screen shot showing a duplicate transactions, one from a non–investment account that was MD auto downloaded and the one MD downloaded for this investment account.

2. 2 Posted by avp2 on 10 Oct, 2021 04:25 PM

Boy, investment transaction merge is really a long missing, much wanted and extremely useful, function. How about adding it in MD 2022.

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 10 Oct, 2021 06:56 PM

Agreed... this is a long time coming.

4. 4 Posted by Alan on 27 Oct, 2021 02:45 PM

I waste more time trying to fix up my investment account balances due to this "feature". MD just can't seem to handle basic accounting when it comes to investment accounts. I can't recommend anyone use MD to track their investments until this is fixed. Please allow merging of transactions in investment accounts as is done correctly in non-investment accounts!

5. 5 Posted by Dana on 30 Nov, 2021 07:57 PM

I too now find that I desperately need to be able to merge transaction downloaded to investment accounts. I regularly have a deposit made from my paycheck to a Vanguard account, so the transaction appears in the MD Vanguard account as part of the split transaction for that paycheck. When the transaction is subsequently downloaded from Vanguard there is no way to merge it into the respective part of the split transaction.

Does anyone have a work-around?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac