How to add new

Connie Ball

02 Jan, 2016 06:11 PM

I'm trying out Moneydance and need to know how to add my specific investment accounts and other asset accounts.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 02 Jan, 2016 06:41 PM

Hello,

To create a new investment account, go to Account -> Add Account from the menu bar and create a new investment account. You can also create asset accounts using the same method.

We have detailed information on setting up investment accounts with screenshots starting on page 45 of our user guide (http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/user-guides/moneydance-2015-user-guide). Let me know if you have any specific questions beyond that.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. Ethan closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2016 06:41 PM.

3. Connie Ball re-opened this discussion on 02 Jan, 2016 09:26 PM

4. 2 Posted by Connie Ball on 02 Jan, 2016 09:26 PM

Yes, followed the instructions on line but I’m wondering how I get the number of shares recorded. I think I’ve gone about it somehow the wrong way.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 03 Jan, 2016 06:17 PM

After you have set up your securities (which it sounds like you have done?), you should be able to go to your investment register in your investment account, create a new buy transaction, and enter in the date of purchase, security, and number of shares. If you think you have done this incorrectly, could you please be a bit more descriptive about what you have done?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

6. System closed this discussion on 03 Apr, 2016 06:20 PM.

7. Connie Ball re-opened this discussion on 01 Jan, 2017 03:02 PM

8. 4 Posted by Connie Ball on 01 Jan, 2017 03:02 PM

Was going to print out a report for tax purposes; must get it ‘cause I was relying on the system to provide that data. Don’t see something in the menus to do it.

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 04 Jan, 2017 11:13 PM

Hello,

Can you be a bit more specific about what you want included in this report? Most people find some configuration of the Income and Expenses report to be what they need for the most part, as this report can provide the totals of your categories for the past year.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

10. 6 Posted by Connie Ball on 04 Jan, 2017 11:51 PM

I found what I needed, using the edit function on the reports. I would like to decrease the size of the amounts column but haven’t figured that out.

11. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ethan on 04 Jan, 2017 11:59 PM

That's great to hear! You can adjust the size of any column by moving the mouse in between the column headings, and then clicking and dragging them in either direction to increase or decrease the width.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

12. Ethan closed this discussion on 04 Jan, 2017 11:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac