Graph does not show correctly at security details

Bart

03 Jan, 2022 05:29 PM

After upgrading to Moneydance 2022.2 (4060) I experience a problem with the graphs in the security details within investments. Within one of my portfolios the first 11 stocks do show the right graph. However the next four do show the right data, but the last graph showed stays in the window (see attached screenshot). For the following securities is seems to work fine again.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Reilly on 03 Jan, 2022 05:33 PM

Hi Bart,
    When this happens, would you be able to select the Help->Show Console Window menu and copy-and-paste any errors from there into a response to this message? I wonder if there is an error being logged that might explain this.

Thanks!
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

2. 2 Posted by b.hugen on 03 Jan, 2022 05:54 PM

Dear Sean,

Thank you for your quick reply. I do get the following error message when this occurs.

mousePressed, but the parent is an ancestor

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The 'year' argument must be in range 1900 to 9999.

at org.jfree.date.SpreadsheetDate.<init>(SpreadsheetDate.java:114)

at org.jfree.date.SerialDate.createInstance(SerialDate.java:795)

at org.jfree.data.time.Day.<init>(Day.java:128)

at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.graphtool.GraphGenerator.getIntervalObj(GraphGenerator.java:46)

at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.SecurityDetailPanel.createVolumeData(SecurityDetailPanel.java:478)

at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.SecurityDetailPanel.createChart(SecurityDetailPanel.java:308)

at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.SecurityDetailPanel.reallyRebuildPerfGraph(SecurityDetailPanel.java:614)

at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.SecurityDetailPanel$4.run(SecurityDetailPanel.java:603)

at com.moneydance.awt.CollapsibleRefresher$1.run(CollapsibleRefresher.java:19)

at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Moneydance+ access token info: (not the tokens themselves)

Institution Info Cache:

checking for txn logs...

When I do look into the history of the stock I do indeed see that there is a problem with some of the year-fields (see screenshot below)

I am not sure where these strange dates came from, but after deleting these, the right graph shows again …

I will keep an eye if the strange years do pop up again and if so I will let you know. For now this seems to solve the problem.

Thanks again for your quick reply!

Best regards,

Bart

Van: Sean Reilly <[email blocked]>
    Verzonden: maandag 3 januari 2022 18:34
    Aan: [email blocked]
    Onderwerp: Re: Graph does not show correctly at security details [Investments #6465]

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 03 Jan, 2022 05:55 PM

Yup - the 'duff' dates would cause this issue.. Can you fix the dates (or delete the records)?

4. 4 Posted by b.hugen on 03 Jan, 2022 05:59 PM

Yes, deleting these records does the trick…

Van: Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’ <[email blocked]>
    Verzonden: maandag 3 januari 2022 18:56
    Aan: [email blocked]
    Onderwerp: Re: Graph does not show correctly at security details [Investments #6465]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Sean Reilly on 04 Jan, 2022 08:54 AM

Thanks for confirming that the bad dates were the problem. I've updated moneydance and the next release will handle these invalid dates better.

Thanks!
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

6. System closed this discussion on 05 Apr, 2022 09:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

25 Jun, 2022 01:07 AM
24 Jun, 2022 11:56 PM
24 Jun, 2022 10:22 PM