Stock Splits

Eugene N Aasen

10 Jun, 2022 11:28 AM

I entered a Stock Split into MoneyDance but now MoneyDance is downloading this as a BuyXfr. I can't find any record or location of the Stock Split but it's in there. I tried restoring a backup of my MoneyDance file to a date prior to the Stock Split but MoneyDance keeps applying the Stock Split. How do I delete the Stock Split from my file or restore to an earlier backup without the Stock Split? Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 10 Jun, 2022 12:01 PM

I'm a fellow user.

A stock split is not a transaction, so why a broker is showing it as a BuyXfr is puzzling.

To delete a Stock split that you have entered you can use the following steps:

1. Open the investment account.
    2. Click on the Securities Detail button
    3. Underneath this button select the security in question
    4. Click on the History button
    5. The window that appears show the price history at the top and splits at the bottom
    6. Select the split you wish to delete then click on the remove button next to this sub window.

2. 2 Posted by Eugene N Aasen on 10 Jun, 2022 02:20 PM

Thanks! Never noticed the splits section at the bottom before but then, this is the first time I've actually entered a split. Don't know why it's coded the way it is and it's messing up my record keeping but at least now I can try to fix it without making things worse. Thanks for your help and quick response!

3. System closed this discussion on 09 Sep, 2022 02:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac