Not syncing across devices

karandjoh

13 Oct, 2019 01:22 PM

Moneydance is not syncing across my devices. I mostly use Moneydance on my Windows10 laptop and I regularly reconcile it with my bank accounts. So, my Windows10 version for which I have a licence, is up-to-date and accurate. I am using v.2019.3.

But, I have Moneydance installed on my Android phone and my Android tablet. I note that purchases etc synchronize across all three devices. But, the balances on my accounts are wildly inaccurate on my Android devices. I can't see how to reconcile on my Android devices, only on Windows10 app, so I can't sort out where is the problem.

I searched previous issues with this through online support and the most recent advice seems to be to delete my Dropbox file after signing out of Moneydance and then restarting. I have tried this. This creates and up-to-date Drop box file which I can see when I log back in to Moneydance on my tablet. (Note that my tablet lists a bunch of old Moneydance sync files but it is easy to see which file to select - it the one created only moments ago). But when I do, the balances shown on my Android app (both devices show the same result) bear no relation to reality. I haven't tied uninstalling and reinstalling Moneydance on the tablet and phone. I this the solution?

We are on holiday in Europe and keeping track pf how much cash is left in my travel card is important. I prefer to leave my Windows10 laptop back at the house we are using as a base rather than carrying it on tour.

1. 1 Posted by karandjoh on 14 Oct, 2019 08:21 AM

Guess what.

It took just about 24 hours for my efforts to delete the Dropbox file to take effect. Then, when I logged back into Moneydance on my tablet, I immediately received a prompt to select a Dropbox sync file (there was now only one and it was timed only 20 minutes earlier). I selected this lonely file, entered my password and hooray. The app on my tablet and my Windows app are in agreement!

2. System closed this discussion on 13 Jan, 2020 08:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac