Moneydance App Crashing

Martin Ward

20 Nov, 2019 11:11 AM

Installed Moneydance on Windows Desktop for evaluation. Created sync with Dropbox. Entered dummy transactions exited and synced OK.

Installed Android App, searched and found Dropbox file/folder. Entered Passphrase. Begin Syncing. Get Message Moneydance has stopped. Try again and get Moneydance keeps stopping. Only option to close app. Any suggestions

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 20 Nov, 2019 01:22 PM

Hi Martin,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you try resetting Dropbox syncing to see if that fixes the issue you're seeing? First, go to File -> Syncing in Moneydance and disable Dropbox syncing. Then, close Moneydance and, using the Dropbox app or website interface, delete the:

.moneydancesync

folder in your Dropbox folder. Next, re-open Moneydance and re-enable Dropbox syncing. Finally, disconnect from Dropbox syncing on your mobile device and re-connect.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Nov, 2019 03:19 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Martin

I have noted a small number of users have issue with Moneydance’s build 1.15 for Android, it been around a long time.

There is an Android beta build 2.0 that may work better with newer phones and Android 9.0. Note you must be running at least Android 7.1.1.

If Maddy suggestion does not help or you want to try the new beta build to get a better user’s interface un-install Moneydance Mobile app build 1.15.

Then:
    1. Use the Play Store app to find Moneydance.
    2. Click on the Moneydance icon to show the description of Moneydance.
    3. Scroll to the very bottom of the description and you should see
    Join the beta
    Try new features before they’re
    officially released and give your
    feedback to the developer.
    Join Learn more
    4. Click on Join and in the window that appears click JOIN.
    5. The screen now reads
    Joining beta...
    Adding your account to the
    Program. It may take a few minutes.
    6. Wait 60 seconds, then use the back key and click on the Moneydance icon again.
    7. The heading should now read Moneydance (Beta). Assuming it does click Install. If it does not go back to step 6.
    8. Once installed, start Moneydance app.
    9. The initial sync may take some time and the balances listed on the account page may be all zeros. Close the App and also the its background instance and then open the app again, balances should be OK from then on.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by Martin Ward on 25 Nov, 2019 08:35 PM

Many thanks. This has resolved issue.

Regards,
    Martin

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 25 Nov, 2019 09:54 PM

Hi Martin

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun.

5. 5 Posted by Mike on 20 Dec, 2019 07:45 PM

My mobile app crashes too and Maddy's advice doesn't work. It happens when I try to open one of my synced accounts. What can I do?

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Dec, 2019 08:07 PM

Hi Mike

Assuming your phone is a Android phone did you check which version of Android it is running to see if
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/iphone-ipod-touch-ip...

might help you?

Hope this helps.

7. 7 Posted by Mike on 20 Dec, 2019 08:41 PM

I’m using an iPhone 6s. The issue began a couple of years ago and I’ve not been able to fix it.

8. 8 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Dec, 2019 10:00 PM

Hi Mike

Perhaps as your phone is not Android start a new thread.
    Post again your phone type, plus the mobile Moneydance build.
    Also what are the other devices you are syncing, the operating systems they have and the version and build of Moneydance they are running.
    Provide as much information on whats going wrong and detail what you have tried.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac