New Mac

Yas Ichiura

28 Nov, 2019 01:46 PM

I have had also iPad, iPhone and synced with Mac via Dropbox for long time. I just re-installed Moneydance from App Store after Catalina clean install to my Mac, but, I don't know how can I import the existing Moneydance and sync with other devices.

Thank you for your help. I'm advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 28 Nov, 2019 02:08 PM

Hi Yas,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

Your data file is stored on your system as a yourfilename.moneydance file.
    On a Mac system, the file will appear with the Moneydance icon displayed, as outlined in this article of the Knowledge Base

To find your previous data file, open Moneydance and click on File > Open, you will see a list of all recently opened data files.

If you cannot find your data file there, then click on Help > Show Document Folder, this will open your default data file location, where all of the data files are located.

Another option is to click on Help > Show Archive Folder, this will open the default backup file location and you can choose to restore a backup.

For further information on the syncing process, please refer to these articles:

"Syncing with Other Computers" here

"Syncing with Mobile App" here

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac