Your Android Samsung phone what is its Android version? What build of the Moneydance app are you running 1.15 or beta 2.0?
What other devices are you syncing to, how many computes, what are there operating systems, what version/build of Moneydance are they running, e.g. 2019.4(1896)? Any other mobile devices?
With this information it should be possible to post a sync reset process that targeted to you setup.
on 12 Dec, 2019 11:32 PM
I am using an Samsung 7 and a I phone 11 they are now both linked together
but the pc seems to missing 3 weeks worth of info. This is making the
totals mismatched. Android version 8.0.0 Moneydance build is 1.15 only 1
computer with Windows 10. Moneydance on pc is 2019.3(1880) Thanks for the
Have a wonderful Day,
It sounds like you need to reset syncing to get your three devices syncing again.
There is a possible way to recover the three weeks of missing data on your computer, but it does involve more step than just a sync reset.
You would have to set up a new sync on your computer as a secondary computer. This would recover the missing data but leave the computer data set as a secondary data set, where you can’t change the syncing method. The next step would be to convert the data set to a primary data set where you can change the sync method. This is a simple process. Then you can reset syncing so all your devices sync again.
Alternatively, you can manually bring your computer up to date with the missing transactions then you only need to reset syncing.
Post which process you would prefer and I will post.
One question I forgot to asked which affects the best way to reset syncing is which syncing method are you using Dropbox Folder or Dropbox Connection and have you got the Dropbox client app installed on your computer, i.e. you can see the Dropbox folder on your C drive.
I am not real computer savvy but would like to do whatever is the easiest. I do have dropbox folder on my computer. I can go whichever way is best for you to explain for syncing and reset. Thanks for your help.
Have a wonderful Day,Stephen Weyant717-891-2881
-------- Original message --------From: derekkent23 <[email blocked]> Date: 12/13/19 3:47 AM (GMT-05:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: Android not syncing with computer [Syncing Moneydance with
iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android Devices #13246]
Let’s try to recover your data and convert your data set to a primary data set, then start syncing again.
If at any stage you have problems or questions, just post.
PROCESS 1 - RECOVER YOUR DATA TO YOUR COMPUTER.
1. On your computer in Moneydance click FILE – NEW and select “Open Synced File” and use dropdown to select “Dropbox Folder” then click NEXT.
2. You should see a search screen headed “Select a synced document to open”
3. After a short search delay, it should then list your un-synced data set name. If there is more than one data set listed and you are not sure which is the data set on your mobile devices CANCEL and post.
4. Highlight your data set name and click NEXT.
5. Enter the encryption password, the “Encryption Passphrase” you originally used.
6. Then click on FINISH. Wait for your data to be synced.
You may find a lot of old, maybe closed accounts or other accounts you have removed from the side bar reappearing or missing in the side bar. Use the “+” sign at bottom of side bar then ADVANCED to tidy up the side bar. Your data should be up to date.
7. Do a FILE – EXPORT BACKUP.
NOTE: the data set you recovered is a secondary data set, under FILE – SYNCING the sync method is fixed and can’t be changed.
PROCESS 2 - CONVERT SECONDARY DATA SET TO A PRIMARY DATA SET
To convert a secondary data set to a primary data set you need to run the attached script md2017_convert_secondary_to_master.py in Moneydance 2019. Don’t worry it states 2017.
With your data set open in Moneydance click WINDOW - SHOW MONEYBOT CONSOLE use OPEN SCRIPT to select the script and click OPEN then RUN. Wait until the script has run, this may take some time. Close and reopen Moneydance. You should now be able to change the syncing method. Set syncing method to Don’t Sync.
Do a FILE – EXPORT BACKUP.
PROCESS 3 - RESET SYNCING
1. On your mobile devices, in Moneydance apps, under setting disconnect and close Moneydance as well as closing them in the background.
2. On your computer, in the Dropbox folder, delete the folder “.moneydancesync”. Watch the Dropbox icon and wait till it states “Up to Date”. This can talk some time.
3. On your computer under FILE - SYNCING, set your “Encryption Passphrase”, set “Sync Method” to Dropbox Folder, click OK.
4. Wait for Dropbox folder “.moneydancesync” and its contents to be created. Check the Dropbox icon states “Up to Date”. This can take some time.
5. Start the Moneydance app on your two mobile devices in turn. The mobile app will search for your data set to sync. On the completion of the search you should see your current data set listed. Select this to sync. You will then be asked to enter you Encryption Password, the passphrase you entered on your computer FILE – SYNCING. After you have entered the password click BEGIN SYNCING. The initial sync can take a long time.