Android app Not Working

Amar

12 Jan, 2020 01:55 AM

A few days ago I opened the Android app on my phone only to find out all account balances way off (thousands off). I tried syncing, re-syncing, clearing all data re-pairing with Dropbox but now it does not even load. I reinstalled the app but now it keeps telling me syncing failed. I have a Samsung S9+ running Android 9. I remember when I installed the app a few months ago Android returned a message to the effect that this app is an old version and to look for a newer one. Any plans to come up with a new version?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 12 Jan, 2020 09:37 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Amar

I have noted a small number of users have issue with Moneydance’s build 1.15 for Android, it been around a long time.

There is an Android beta build 2.0 that may work better with newer phones and Android 9.0.

If you want to try the new beta build to get a better user’s interface un-install Moneydance Mobile app build 1.15.

Then:
    1. Use the Play Store app to find Moneydance.
    2. Click on the Moneydance icon to show the description of Moneydance.
    3. Scroll to the very bottom of the description and you should see
    Join the beta
    Try new features before they’re
    officially released and give your
    feedback to the developer.
    Join Learn more
    4. Click on Join and in the window that appears click JOIN.
    5. The screen now reads
    Joining beta...
    Adding your account to the
    Program. It may take a few minutes.
    6. Wait 60 seconds, then use the back key and click on the Moneydance icon again.
    7. The heading should now read Moneydance (Beta). Assuming it does click Install. If it does not go back to step 6.
    8. Once installed, start Moneydance app.
    9. The initial sync may take some time and the balances listed on the account page may be all zeros. Close the App and also the its background instance and then open the app again, balances should be OK from then on.

If this does not work or if balances are still way of, but are still OK on your computer you may need to follow a sync reset process. Let me know the outcome and if necessary, I can post the process.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Amar Khalifeh on 13 Jan, 2020 03:06 AM

This worked fine.

Thank you for your help.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Jan, 2020 08:48 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Amar

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun.

4. System closed this discussion on 13 Apr, 2020 08:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac