Syncing with iPhone

ld

15 Feb, 2020 01:10 AM

I have the latest version of moneydance on my windows 10 pc. Recently upgraded my iPhone to XSMax. When I go to file, syncing this is what shows up. Sync Method: Don't Sync/ Encryption Passphrase: Change Passphrase is greyed out. When I click on show passphrase I then see what it is
On my iPhone in Dropbox: Sync anywhere there's a network connection using encrypted files in Dropbox.. When I click on the wifi icon lower right of Dropbox this is what I see: WiFi syncing is often unreliable and subject to issues with local networking configurations. We strongly recommend using Dropbox syncing. Then at the bottom of the screen: To sync, start Moneydance on you desktopand add the Network Synchronizer extension. Then select the Extensions configure network syncing menu and add this device.
Where do I go to get the Network Synchronizer add on
Thanks for you assistance
Larry

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 15 Feb, 2020 01:54 AM

Hello Larry,

Don't click on the wifi icon in the lower right. That's an older syncing method that we no longer support. We've left it in place for people who still try to use it on much older versions of Moneydance. Instead, I recommend you follow the instructions the phone gave you and click on the Dropbox icon to set up syncing via that method, instead of the wifi icon.

You also should have set up syncing on your desktop system. The full instructions for that can be found at: https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/sync...

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 16 May, 2020 02:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac