Owncloud

Pierre

22 Oct, 2020 06:50 PM

Hi, how about having provisions to use a third party system like Owncloud? I do not like sharing my data with a commercial provider (i.e. Dropbox). I would much prefer having my data reside on my own server using Owncloud which essentially functions like Dropbox.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 22 Oct, 2020 08:15 PM

I'm a fellow user.

With Moneydance on the desktop/notebook it is possible to use any service which allows you to mount or attach locations to your local machine and use them like any other folder. This is what the Shared Folder option is allowing for.

It is with mobile device where you need to use Dropbox as the mobile version of Moneydance is using the Dropbox API for data exchange rather than some folder location.

2. 2 Posted by Pierre Vanasse on 22 Oct, 2020 08:19 PM

Yes, that is correct. Perhaps I should have indicated in my original post that I do want connectivity with mobile devices; hence the suggestion to have provisions for Owncloud.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Oct, 2020 08:35 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Pierre

If your issue with Dropbox is security then remember Moneydance end to end encrypts the data its sync via Dropbox with the keys only held on your devices, not in the cloud.

Hope this helps.

4. Melissa closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2020 08:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM