Connects to Dropbox, but no files display

Peter Bogdanoff

27 Oct, 2020 05:03 AM

Hi, I'm trying out Moneydance on IOS 13.7, MD 2.22. I want to import a QIF file exported from PocketMoney that's in my Dropbox. I open the app and try to connect to my Dropbox account. It does connect, then shows the spinner, but never displays my Dropbox files. Meanwhile I can't figure out how to get out of the Sync section of the app. There's no back button showing to go to the Moneydance home page. I force quit the app, open again and I am back at the sync with the same problem. I delete the app and reinstall, open it and am back again at the sync with no way to do anything useful. I've allowed Moneydance in my online Dropbox account and see it listed there as a connected app. I tried Disconnecting Moneydance from the online Dropbox account and reconnecting it--same problem.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 27 Oct, 2020 05:55 AM

I'm a fellow user.

It sounds like you have a mobile device and the mobile Moneydance application.

The Mobile Moneydance app is a companion application intended for data entry on the move, it is not a standalone application.

The main Moneydance application resides on Windows, MacOS or Linux. This is where you set up your data and perform QIF imports.

2. 2 Posted by Peter Bogdanoff on 27 Oct, 2020 06:19 AM

Thanks, that's good to know!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM