Message for Stuart Beesley: In the Custom Balances extension, it would be nice to be able to filter on MD's Tax Date. This would would go a long way in making the "estimated tax due" custom balances I have more accurate, as associated transactions are often more defined by Tax Date than fiscal or calendar year dates.
Hope this post reaches you. Seem to have misplaced your email. Mine, BTW, is [email blocked]
@avp2 (see email)..: FYI - I have added your Tax Date to the latest Custom Balances PREVIEW. Available here: https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/
Build 1030. Enable from the top left options menu.
Applies 'globally' to all rows that use Income/Expense accounts where all dates not selected.
Needs testing and proving that it's working OK..
Let me know?
Please don't reply on this thread.. Set up a new thread, or email me....
Saw the math add in the IK suggestions and have switched a couple of my Ratios calc’s over to it. It seems to be working as intended. The calculation function, especially, is a big upgrade, with much more flexibility than Ratios and does not have the setup window “too big” bug that crept in sometime in the last few rev’s.
Couple of comments though:
1) I think it would be nice if just calc'ing by a constant could be done by selecting the the current row number, operator and constant value in the adj/calc box, vs having to set up a separate row with the constant in it. In fact, I thought it might work that way from the layout, but I had to add a row with only one entry for the tax rate to avoid an error.
2) Since it does not change often, I thought I would hide the tax rate row on the summary page view, but selecting “always hide” disabled the row and threw an error. Might be nice to hide a row without disabling it.
3) I think I will completely switch over my Ratios to Account Balances. About the only advantage it now offers is the little fast report which can be handy in debugging a calculation.
1) You can put the constant into the row itself - i.e. avg/by if you want to multiply/divide (like .25 if you want to multiply by 4), or adj/by if you want to add/subtract (-50 if you want to subtract)
So I don't understand why you have to set up a separate row with a constant, unless you want to use the uor (use other row) for multiple rows versus adjusting the constant on separate rows. Thoughts?
2) Given you are using a uor row, you don't have to disable it, just use something like "hide if >=0" or something similar.
3) Stuart and I talked about exactly this about ratios vs. custom balances within the last week.
Oh, and PS - as Stuart said, start a new thread, so this won't be buried. Maybe I should start a "Custom Balances - Extolling it's Usage" like derekkent23 has done with Quote Loader
@avp2. I’ve fixed a bug in the ratios extension for another user. But I’m concerned it may not work for all. I think you use ratios? If so, could you grab this version and check it’s working ok for you (ie you see no difference in the reports or calculations?
Added your revised Ratios. Values were correct on my several ratios as were the fast reports. I compared your v1038 to v1035 and v1037 and did not see any differences. I guess the bug you fixed does not affect my ratios.
All three versions do have the extended (off screen) settings window problem, but that might be due to me running mac OS High Sierra - still using an Intel iMac.
Will leave your version in and let you know if I see any problems later on.
That’s great. Basically ratios with txns would get mixed +/- signs in the top numerator meaning that totals were rubbish. So if your totals are still the same/correct then great. Ratios with balances weren’t affected.
Send me more details about the off screen bug with screenshots. Thanks.
Noticed two functions Account Balances does not have and are needed for me to move the last of my ratios over to it. They are “transaction difference” amount for the selected dates period and averaging by “days in period”. I use these for average income and expense per day.
BTW, have you ever noticed how elegant the summary page Thermometer graph is for data display? Having both detail and compactness in an eye-catching format, I think it is the best summary page display MD has. It does, however, have a few weaknesses: 1) The topmost/overview level does not show a total of the graph, like the sub-levels. 2) The topmost/overview level also shows the sub-level totals in lines below the graph, rather than hiding them until expanded and during mouse-over of graph sub-areas. 3) The graph itself is not multi-instance or selectable for the account/category shown - currently only a single Income or Expanse graph is available.
At present, Sean doesn’t seem too interested in the graph. I wonder if you might take a look into making it an Extension and/or just fixing some of the “weaknesses” I mentioned.
I think you mean Custom Balances? Please can you start a new thread in the extensions forum with a title that refers to "Custom Balances".. Thanks. Then I won't overlook this (as a sync issue).... Thanks