Build a Moneydance extension with maven

frederic.gedin

02 Jun, 2019 07:24 AM

Extensions a presently built with ant.
Is there any exemple of how to build it with maven. This would probably be a more convenient way to build.

1. 1 Posted by hleofxquotes on 06 Jun, 2019 07:07 PM

2. 2 Posted by frederic.gedin on 10 Jun, 2019 05:53 AM

Thank you for this reply.
    Actually, my main concern is more on the way to sign the extension. As far as I understand, your pom takes care only of dependencies.
    Why do you refer to all dependencies related to moneydance instead of referring directly to them ?I do not see what is the added value.
    Frederic

3. 3 Posted by hleofxquotes on 10 Jun, 2019 05:13 PM

Actually, my main concern is more on the way to sign the extension. As far as I understand, your pom takes care only of dependencies.

Correct. I don't have any plan to sign my stuff.

Why do you refer to all dependencies related to moneydance instead of referring directly to them ?I do not see what is the added value.

Mainly 2 reasons:

1. There is a risk of using the "standard" artifact name that it would either pull in additional dependencies OR inadvertently override one that MD distribution is using. So one will end up with the final set of "libraries" that is totally different than what distributed by MD.
    2. I prefer to be able to quickly react to new distribution. Using current method let me avoid the additional steps of trying to figure out which artifact is "standard".
  4. System closed this discussion on 09 Sep, 2019 05:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac