How can we contact James Larus for their extension?

dave.polister

13 Jul, 2019 11:21 PM

Would like to make a suggestion to James Larus, and there is no contact information available that I've found on the extensions page.

Like only show owned stocks per the other download module. I see no options to edit anything in this extension. Currently it shows many previously owned stocks and expired options.

It also has an issue in my display... a bit corrupted unless I click in and run up or down the list which refreshes it I assume and is readable.

The attached image/file shows both. Some of the leftover from initial import and the messed up display.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by dalefurrow on 14 Jul, 2019 03:01 PM

Well, he's a noted computer scientist, so he's not hard to find (here for example). I'm in somewhat regular contact with him, as we're co-developers of the investment reports extension, I'll forward him this post.

2. 2 Posted by Jim Larus on 14 Jul, 2019 04:57 PM

I'm not that hard to find, just google and you'll find an email address (or two).

This extension shows all of the securities (currencies of type security) that have the "Show on summary page" flag set (which is the default). This seems to be the convention of the other summary page controls. You should change this flag on previously owned stocks and expired options.

3. 3 Posted by dave.polister on 15 Jul, 2019 01:51 AM

I guess I am not seeing where you're talking about. The only spot I have
    found to do that I have. Under the Quotes and Exchange Rate Settings. If
    there is another spot. I'd love to know. I did not find it in the
    securities section for Money Dance.

I do really like the extension, how about the other issue where is doesn't
    display correctly? (unless I click on it and run down the list.)

I think I just found it... it is buried a bit....

Thank you

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Jul, 2019 07:38 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

To determine if a security is listed on the summary page use the tick box “Show on summary page” under TOOLS – SECURITIES – double click on the subject security – EDIT.
    Note a list of securities is only displayed if “Stock prices” is present in the bottom windows under FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) - PREFERENCES – SUMMARY PAGE.

Hope this helps.

5. 5 Posted by Jim Larus on 15 Jul, 2019 02:54 PM

Yes, that's the way I do it as well (through the Security Tool). It is logical, even if it requires a few more clicks that seems optimal.

6. 6 Posted by dave.polister on 19 Jul, 2019 11:50 PM

Just the display issue remains. After finding the multi layer deep show box for a security. It really could be on the next higher level.

7. System closed this discussion on 18 Oct, 2019 11:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac