Citi Cards

Robert Alexander

08 Sep, 2019 01:15 PM

Hi,

I am still getting a 2000 error message when trying to set up online banking for Citi Cards.

Any ideas or new resolutions?

Thanks,
Bob Alexander

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by schveiguy on 27 Sep, 2019 07:05 PM

Same issue for me. I called Citi Cards, and they tried to manually trigger the reconnect. I deleted the connection in Moneydance and reconnected, but still same error 2000. Will try again tomorrow (maybe it takes a day?)

In any case, I'm still on 2017 version of moneydance, is that still supported for this, or do I need to upgrade?

2. 32 Posted by Jeffrey Roy on 29 Sep, 2019 09:58 PM

I encountered this too, today. I appreciate the efforts you two have gone through. I won't repeat them (I followed the instructions a couple of times during the same 10 minute access period on Citi's site.)

I look forward to hearing if this is resolved. Guess it's QFX for a while...

3. 33 Posted by Jean Smith on 29 Sep, 2019 11:38 PM

For what it's worth, I have Moneydance 2017.6 (1656) and it works for me.
    I presume you did disable the account in moneydance, then re-establish it
    before going to Citi's 10 minute rigamarole. That did work for me, and I"m
    downloading transactions. JS

4. 34 Posted by Monty Wiseman on 30 Sep, 2019 09:07 AM

I have MD 2019.3 (1881). I disabled the online account then attempted to
    reestablish it per the instructions below but keep getting the same
    error when enabling online banking.

Error: We've recently updated our online banking experience. To continue
    using this app, you'll need to relink the app to your Citi account. You
    can complete this at https://citi.com/datamanagement. As a reminder,
    only credit card accounts can be linked.

MW

5. 35 Posted by Joe on 30 Sep, 2019 07:49 PM

Called citibank today. After being passed through 4 levels of tech support, I was told there's nothing more they can do and it's up to the financial software company to fix it. (Upon which I told them I'd just switch my card to a bank with more capable access ...) Anyway, they couldn't pass it any higher and said they'd inform their team. I'll see if it magically works late in the week.

Hey Moneydance - want to start a list of Citi customers who have or are going to leave Citi because of this??

6. 36 Posted by jason on 30 Sep, 2019 08:21 PM

Seems like Moneydance needs to talk to
    Citi.

7. 37 Posted by schveiguy on 01 Oct, 2019 03:21 PM

Update: Tried again today, still not working. I cannot get this to work no matter how many times I have to try and reconnect.

8. 38 Posted by davet65 on 02 Oct, 2019 05:28 PM

I agree with Jason, not Joe. We don't need to boycott Citi because they upgraded their security; MD needs to talk to them and find out why MD doesn't work any longer.

A while back, Jenny from IK support said that she made a change and the reset process she described should work. It doesn't. I also recall Sean [Developer] comment about giving more emphasis to a different download method - was it automated QFX? I'm not sure. In any case, it is troublesome that [apparently] Quicken has adapted to CitiCards new process. Why can't MD? We really need a status update from Support.

9. 39 Posted by Cliff Lewis on 02 Oct, 2019 10:09 PM

davet65, I agree.

Can MD support please provide some help on this?

10. 40 Posted by jmanrunner on 07 Oct, 2019 01:40 PM

macOS 10.14.6
    Moneydance 2019.4 (1887)

I have been getting the same problem, error 2000. After a dozen of attempts over several weeks and doing the 10 minute security window setup thing through the Cici datamanagement link I am still unable to build a connection to Citi Cards for my Costco credit card.

11. 41 Posted by schveiguy on 07 Oct, 2019 01:47 PM

I tried again today. Still not working. I'm not going to boycott Citi or Costco for this, I don't like that they provide ineffective support to me (I filled out a survey from my call saying as much), but I don't think it's something any of us can fix. We need IK to work this problem out with them.

12. 42 Posted by davet65 on 08 Oct, 2019 01:40 AM

It would be interesting to know if all of the personal finance programs are having the same problem as MD. Apparently Q is not. And I don't have personal experience, but Banktivity has a post on their support page describing a similar [but not identical] fix process to that described here with no follow-up posts saying it doesn't work!?
    PS: I tried the Banktivity process and it doesn't work for MD.

13. Support Staff 43 Posted by Jenny on 08 Oct, 2019 07:45 AM

Hi all,

Sorry to hear the problems persist.

The majority of Citi Card customers are able to connect again after visiting the banks website to authorise the connection. Unfortunately some customers are still seeing the same error within Moneydance once third party access has been granted.

This issue has been raised with our lead developer, and we're working to get this resolved. I'll update you as soon as we have more information.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you need to update your Citi accounts in the meantime, you can use a web browser to download files from your bank's web site. We'd recommend you download using the OFX or the QFX file format if available (these files are sometimes referred to as Quicken files). You can import the files to Moneydance using File --> Import.

For anyone trying to connect with a Citi Costco card - It's possible that since the recent update, Citi have removed their Direct Connect services for Costco Visa cards. We're in talks with a Citi rep to establish if this is the case, and I'll let you know when we hear back.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

14. 44 Posted by Jean Smith on 08 Oct, 2019 07:41 PM

I have a Citi Costco card and the download works for me. On the Citi site
    under the data management part, it indicates I download for Quicken2018,
    but it is Moneydance that I use. It's worked for a couple weeks now,
    though I did have to re-establish it a couple of times. I think one of the
    important things is to disable the download in Moneydance before trying to
    re-establish it.

15. 45 Posted by jmanrunner on 10 Oct, 2019 12:06 PM

I have downloads in Moneydance disabled for the Citi Costco card. The choice to select which version or any type of data management is singular in my Citi Costco account. There is only one option. I select Profile -> More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps. Next is some text and one button "Add Access" which starts the count down timer.

"Manage Access
    Apps and websites with access to your Citi account information

You can permit third-party software applications, like Quicken® or Quickbooks®, to directly access Citi account information while you use the software. Only the most recent and immediately prior versions of the software will be able to directly access your information. If you give your Citi user name and password to these applications, you could be responsible for financial loss, misuse of your information, or any other unauthorized activity affecting your account(s).

You should review this list regularly so that you can manage access for websites or applications that you no longer use.

You can connect one third-party software application at a time. In order to connect to multiple applications, you must Add Access for each individual application.

Quicken® and Quickbooks® are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc."

"Allow Access?
    After agreeing to set up your connection, you will have ten minutes to complete the process by signing on to your financial management third-party software application and viewing your Citi account information."

"Activate Your Financial Management Software
    Time remaining: 09:48
    You have authorized Citi to make your Citi account information available on third-party software application(s) while you use it. You now have ten minutes to login to your third-party software application to complete the connection.

As a reminder, if you give your Citi user name and password to third-party software applications, you could be responsible for financial loss, misuse of your information, or any other unauthorized activity affecting your account(s)."

16. 46 Posted by schveiguy on 10 Oct, 2019 12:46 PM

Just to clarify, I have disabled Moneydance downloading for my Costco Citi card before attempting to reestablish access and it does not work. I go through the same method that jmanrunner outlined. Interestingly, I now have a "permanent" connection to CitiCard in my dropdown because I can never reestablish a full connection. I do always try to add a new connection though. Could it be that it ignores adding the connection and refuses to download the new protocol requirements? Is there a way to manually remove CitiCards from the dropdown?

17. 47 Posted by Cliff Lewis on 10 Oct, 2019 01:21 PM

HI schveiguy,

I agree with your thinking. I thought the same thing and I could not find
    where to delete CitiCard from the list.

Cliff Lewis

18. 48 Posted by Jean Smith on 10 Oct, 2019 02:56 PM

Not that this will help you, but I didn't have to remove Citi from the
    dropdown. It is a mystery why I got it to work and you can't. Could it be
    MD version? I've got 2017.6 (1656) I didn't do anything more than what
    you are doing.

19. 49 Posted by EdfromHuntsvill... on 10 Oct, 2019 05:01 PM

I installed MD2017 to test my Costco Citicard and it did not make any difference. Same error as MD2019.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac