communication or parsing error

Natalie Sucharski

10 Sep, 2019 09:41 PM

Hello - When I try to connect with my credit union for online banking through Moneydance, I get the following error:

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

Please provide assistance.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 10 Sep, 2019 10:17 PM

I'm a fellow user.

That particular error is symptomatic of a Financial Institution having retired the use of a certificate and the replacement not being in the version of Moneydance you have. What support will need to know is what Financial Institution it is and what version of Moneydance, including the build number, you are using.

An updated certificate may be in a latter release than what you have or the developers may need to add another certificate to Moneydance.

2. 2 Posted by Imtiaz on 10 Sep, 2019 10:46 PM

I am having same issue connecting with First Tech Federal for several months. I have 2019.3 (1880) version installed and have not been able to make it work . When will the certificate be added in MD as other software are able to pull the data fine?

3. System closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2019 10:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac