Importing transactions from financial institution

Laura Dupont

05 Nov, 2019 10:16 PM

I am trying to download and import my transactions from my financial institution which I have done thousands of times with no problem but today, I am receiving this error message (attached). I just purchased an upgrade and am still having the same issue. Help?

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 05 Nov, 2019 10:22 PM

Hi Laura,

I had gotten that same message with build 1891 and American Express:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/57124-previ...

The developer had made some changes and the preview version 1892 fixed the issue.

https://infinitekind.com/preview

It would be helpful to Support Staff and fellow users to know the version/build of Moneydance that you are using (Help > About Moneydance) and the Fincancial Institution that you are trying to connect to.

Good Luck,

Tony (NOT from Moneydance Support)

2. 2 Posted by Laura Dupont on 05 Nov, 2019 10:34 PM

Thanks Tony. I am using version 2019.3 (1880) and banking with Bank of Montreal.

3. 3 Posted by TonyRI on 06 Nov, 2019 11:24 AM

If you're not opposed to preview versions of the software, You could try version 2019.4 (1892) linked above. I've been running it since 10/22/19 without issue.

ALWAYS make a backup of your data before installing a new preview version (File > Export Backup).

Should you have any problems, you can always revert back to 2019.3 (1880)

4. 4 Posted by Laura Dupont on 21 Nov, 2019 09:04 PM

Hi again Tony, I am hoping you can help me. I followed the link you provided; however, it is for different build (higher version but I can't remember which one now!). It also didn't work. Do you know how I can access the various builds to find the one that worked for you? Still no luck downloading my transactions. Thanks for your help in advance.

5. 5 Posted by TonyRI on 21 Nov, 2019 09:48 PM

Hi Laura,

Sorry that you weren't able to get things running.

I believe that build 1894 is the most recent. It would have included the changes made in build (1892) that I referenced above.

The only list that I am aware of is for previous stable builds of Moneydance, not preview builds:

https://infinitekind.com/stabledl/

Perhaps MD Support can jump in to assist you.

Good Luck,

Tony

6. 6 Posted by TonyRI on 21 Nov, 2019 09:51 PM

Here is a list of the changes made to the recent preview builds, any changes made to previous builds should be incorporated into the next. If one build causes a problem, the developer would make appropriate changes to the next one. The fact that 1892 worked for me with AMEX was a result of 1891 breaking the connection.

https://infinitekind.com/previewdl/current/changelog.txt

I really don't understand the reason why you are getting the Java exception error, so I would defer to IK SUPPORT

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 28 Nov, 2019 10:12 AM

Hi Laura,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

This appears to be a bug related to Bank of Montreal’s online banking download feature.

While Bank of Montreal is working to fix their end of the issue, this workaround should help fixing both QFX files, as well as, OFX files.

It is possible to open a .qfx file or .ofx file using either Wordpad or Notepad, then moving to the line at the bottom of the file,the following missing characters </OFX> must be added to the end of the tag and saved.

Finally, by double clicking on the file, Monedance will update your data properly.

Also, thank you TonyRI for trying to help but as you can see this is a specific issue with
    Bank of Montreal.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by TonyRI on 28 Nov, 2019 03:16 PM

Thanks Maddy, appreciate the information! :)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Capture.JPG 18.1 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac